Join the CEOs of the 4A’s, AAF, ANA, and BBB National Programs, with the Vice President of the National Advertising Division (NAD), to discuss the history and future of the U.S. advertising industry’s system of self-regulation.
- Laura Brett, VP, National Advertising Division, NY Office Leader, BBB National Programs
- Bob Liodice, CEO, Association of National Advertisers
- Marla Kaplowitz, President & CEO, 4A’s
- Steve Pacheco, President & CEO, American Advertising Federation
- Moderated By: Eric Reicin, President & CEO, BBB National Programs
For the last 50 years in the advertising industry, companies have held each other to a higher standard. In response to the pressures and criticisms of consumerism that had mounted during the previous decade, in 1971 the advertising industry created a mechanism of independent self-regulation that has stood the test of time and technological innovation.
On May 18, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the advertising industry’s system of self-regulation, join the founders of what former Federal Trade Commission Chairman Robert Pitofsky calls “the best example of self-regulation that I am aware of in American industry,” to talk about why this system works, the challenges faced by advertisers and regulators through the years, and the memorable moments in advertising’s history that we will not soon forget…as well as some that we wish we could.
Tuesday, May 18 at 2:00pm ET
BBB National Program’s NAD 50th Kick-Off Event, “Honest Ads: 50 Years of Advertising Industry Self-Regulation”